- Investing in the SDGs at the LGA Level to ensure ownership and sustainability
- Empowering State and Local Governments to carry out their constitutional responsibilities.
- Promoting improvements in public service delivery.
- Encouraging improvements in public expenditure reform, Project management & Data generation.
- Strengthening the partnership between the three tiers of government for national planning and development.
At the Millennium Summit in September, 2000, the largest gathering of world leaders in history adopted the Millennium Declaration Act. The Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) were a set of 8 time bound, interwoven, quantifiable, measurable, and interdependent goals that set out to commit specific outcomes by 2015. It is in essence, a global pact between developed and developing nations. The goals had 20 targets and 60 indicators to track the progress of achieving the MDGs.
The United Nations held another Summit in September, 2015 and transited the MDGs to Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The SDGs are a set of 17 goals, 169 targets and 230 indicators which seeks to complete the unfinished business of the MDGs and address the three (3) dimensions of Sustainable Development i.e. Economic, Social and Environment.
|HON. KUNLE YUSUFF||SENIOR SPECIAL ADVISER|
Latest from us
SDG Presents Instructional Materials To Oyo Public Primary Schools
Oyo State Universal Basic Education Board, (OyoSUBEB) has taken delivery of instructional/learning materials, students edition textbooks for the global SDG, ICT Materials and sporting facilities for […]
Aide Commends Gov. Makinde For Implementation Of Six Major SDGs Global Goals
The Senior Special Assistant on Sustainable Development Goals in Oyo State, Mr. Kunle Yusuff has lauded Governor Seyi Makinde for demonstrating a strong commitment to the […]
SDGs: Oyo Govt To Partner LGs On Development
The Oyo State Government, under the Sustainable Developmental Goals (SDGs) programme, has embarked on need assessment of Local Government Areas in Oyo State. The SDGs promised […]