- Talent hunt (for Artistic Talents) in the State`s Rural and Urban Communities.
- Promotion and sustenance of rich cultural heritage of this State through Organization of Festivals of Arts and Culture
- Collaboration with private organizations for Development of Arts and Culture.
- Participation in National exhibitions and International Cultural competition of Arts and Culture.
- Generate revenue for the State (including Multiplier effect on the populace)
To foster, preserve, record, document and propagate the cherished Arts and Culture Oyo State people.
Upgrading of the Cultural Centre Clustered Market Shops at the Open Tarmac of the Cultural Centre by Nigeria Brewery PLC (On-going).
- Participation of the Arts Council at the National Festival of Arts (NAFEST 2019) and Culture in Edo State in October, 2019 after Eight (8) years of non-participating where Oyo State took 1st position in Cultural Quiz, 2nd in Arts and Crafts Competition, 4th in Ayo game Competition, 5th in Drama Competition and 5th position among the 36 States of the Federation.
Renovation and Rehabilitation of the Clustered Market Shops at the Open Tarmac of the Arts Council by the Nigeria Brewery PLC.
Approval by the Oyo State Government to re-fix the bore-hole facility at the Arts Council premises which had gone moribund for more than five (5) years.
There have been tremendous improvement in the Excursion Programme of the Arts Council in the last two year. There was a re-arrangement of our Mini-gallery at the ground floor foyer in order to boost excursion programme of the Council for enhancement/promotion of Culture and Revenue Generation.
Organization of Command Performances and Literature play text for Secondary School Students in Oyo State to bring about improvement of Students during WAEC and NECO Literature Exams in the State.
Cultural Rendezvous and Ariya Night Show programmes were designed to improve activities of the Council for revenue generation and boost potentials of Traders in Mokola. These programmes were sponsored by a Corporate Industry in the country.
PROJECTS RECENTLY CARRIED OUT BY THE AGENCY
ADMINISTRATION AND SUPPLIES DEPARTMENT
- Preparation of memorandum on matters affecting the council and other office requirements.
- Purchasing and Distribution of office equipment to the Departments.
- Organization of in-house workshop/ training and taking prompt action on any letter from the ministry of establishment and training and office of the head of service as regards training or other matters.
- Co-ordinating of weekly sanitation exercise and ensuring the premises is tidy.
- Instill disciplinary measures to erring officers.
FINANCE AND ACCOUNTS DEPARTMENT
- Ensuring preparation and submission of staff salary on monthly basis.
- Maintenance of the I.G.R. of the Council.
- Preparation of the Annual Budget.
- Reconciliation of the Council’s Account with relevant Authorities.
- Signing of the Council’s Cheque.
THEATRE AND BUSINESS MANAGEMENT DEPARTMENT
- Co-ordination to maximally use the Cultural Centre Structure, facilities and space to generate and host Artistic and Cultural activities, socio functions and business with the view to promote and propagate the inherent Arts, Culture, Social Values of the State and more importantly to generate revenue.
- In charge of using the halls, shops and spaces of the Cultural Centre to generate revenue as outlined below:
- Booking of halls and space.
- Overseeing and monitoring of timely payments of rents.
- House Management activities during productions in the halls and Open Space.
- Supervision and co-ordination of sales of tickets during productions.
- Ensuring the tidiness and cleaning of facilities i.e Halls, Open Spaces and surrounding of the complex during and after use.
- Co-ordination of shop tenants and attending to prospective clienteles.
Keeping register of business activities of the establishment.
Rapport with all prospective and substantive clients of the establishment with the view of giving good services.
Reconciliation of monthly revenue with the Account department.
VISUAL ARTS DEPARTMENT
promotion of our Cultural heritage through Creative Arts/Works.
There are five units in the Department as analysed hereunder:-
- Sculpture (Carving & Bronze).
- Casting Unit.
The Department is also in charge of Cultural Ensemble Unit handling Excursion of Students, Children Holiday Workshop, Children Cultural Quiz.
The Department is blessed with officers who specializes in FLOAT MAKING.
Production of Artworks.
PLANNING, RESEARCH AND STATISTICS DEPARTMENT.
- Festival Coordinator: The department coordinates Cultural festival in Oyo State. It records and documents these festivals for posterity and research purposes.
- Reports Collation: the department collated and compiled the annual and monthly reports of the Council.
- Budget Preparation: PR&S is also saddled with the responsibility of preparation and planning of Budget Estimate of the Council each year.
Calendar of Activities: members of staff of the department usually met at the beginning of each year to prepare Calendar of activities for the establishment, which usually becomes the Council’s Modus Operandi for the year.
Attending to Students on Research.